Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications On or before the date of filing your application, you must have all of the following:
• A bachelor's degree or higher including or supplemented by 24 semester credit hours in mathematics, statistics, and/or actuarial science; AND
• Successful completion of one examination of the Society of Actuaries or Casualty Actuarial Society.
As a competitive class position in a New York State agency, you must file for and be reachable on the NYS Department of Civil Service continuous examination for the title Assistant Actuary to be considered for this vacancy. The examination announcement including the specifics for this test is available on Civil Service’s website: www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/oc-cr/decentralized/20-104.cfm.
This continuous recruitment examination requires the completion of an application/supplemental questionnaire (see examination announcement for link). If you meet the minimum qualifications, your training, education, and experience will be evaluated against the general background/critical activities of the position. Your completed application/supplemental questionnaire will be the only basis for rating your training, education and experience.
Duties Description As an Assistant Actuary with the New York State Insurance Fund, you would report to the Senior Actuary on various statistical projects related to Disability Benefits, Workers' Compensation, and Paid Family Leave.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Gathering data from various departments within NYSIF;
• Preforming any necessary calculations to determine written and earned premium, paid and incurred loss reserves, and expense amounts;
• Preparing financial reports required by the New York Compensation Insurance Rating Board and the Department of Financial Services;
• Adhering to statistical reporting requirements, including both the accuracy of reported data and the timely completion of documents in accordance with specific deadlines; AND
• Other projects will be assigned on an ad hoc basis as needed.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease include the position title and vacancy id number on your cover letter. Candidates should include a resume and exam application/supplemental questionnaire (https://www.cs.ny.gov/announ/applications.cfm) to 15 Computer Drive West, Personnel, Albany, NY 12205 or email to email@example.com.