Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Suite 502 - Corporate Plaza East
Minimum Qualifications • An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience providing educational advisement to adult learners, facilitating workshops, and maintaining a caseload; or • Two years of experience providing educational advisement to adult learners, facilitating workshops, and maintaining a caseload; or • Three years of experience working within a labor-management training and education environment. • Bachelor’s Degree preferred. • Strong interpersonal, administrative, communication and presentation skills. • A satisfactory equivalent combination of appropriate experience and education as determined by the Governor's Office of Employee Relations.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Coordinator of Advisement Services, the Advisor is responsible for providing information and clarification of policies and procedures regarding the Partnership tuition benefits program, as well as educational advisement to CSEA-represented employees. The Advisor assists employees in making educational decisions by collecting personal data, disseminating information on educational resources, and making appropriate referrals. The Partnership Advisor facilitates educational workshops throughout New York State. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide advisement services via telephone and e-mail on tuition benefits and other Partnership programs, financial aid, non-traditional study, basic skills referral, and how to determine course of study, course(s) selection, and school(s) to pursue.
• Conduct intake and follow-up phone sessions with employees. Disseminate and collect career assessment information to assist employees with developing career and education options.
• Refer callers to additional state, education, and other programs and services.
• Facilitate workshops, deliver webinars and classroom training, and provide presentations.
• Assist with revising and editing advisement webinars and workshops as needed.
Written Material and Website Management:
• Assist with revising and editing of advisement written resources, including website and on-line material.
• Periodically develop success stories for inclusion on the Partnership’s website.
• Serve as case manager for special programs (for example, targeted tuition, Adult Education Basics, and Applied Skilled Trades Programs). Ensure documentation on file is accurate. Provide follow-up to assess the success of participants.
• Maintain accurate records of contacts and case management notes.
• Conduct informal surveys for Partnership programs when needed.
• Complete special projects as needed.
• Participate in regional outreach meetings to obtain feedback from stakeholders and provide information on Partnership programs and services.
Additional Comments Free parking on-site.
The Governor’s Office of Employee Relations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, religion, or disability in the admission to, access to, or employment in their programs or activities. Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingSend cover letter and resume to above e-mail address (HR@goer.ny.gov) to apply. Hard copy via US Mail is also accepted. WORD and PDF are the preferred formats. Please reference the Vacancy No. 60539 when applying.