Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Suite 502 - Corporate Plaza East
Minimum Qualifications • Three years of experience providing administrative support;
• Proficient in using the Statewide Financial System (SFS);
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite is desired;
• Knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling;
• Ability to organize and prioritize work;
• A satisfactory equivalent combination of appropriate experience and education as determined by the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations.
Duties Description The role of the Confidential Stenographer (Financial Assistant) for the Partnership is to log and track all purchases, process purchase requests, audit invoices, and audit reimbursement requests for Quality of Work Life, Safety and Health, and Labor-Management Workforce Development grants. The Financial Assistant provides guidance on travel policies to staff and consultants. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Use the Statewide Financial System (SFS) and Partnership financial database to log and track all purchases; properly code all transactions; prepare reports as needed.
• Process purchase requests, purchase orders, invoices, and claims for payment; ensure proper documentation is provided.
• Order supplies following New York State procurement guidelines.
• Audit general ledger journal forms for Quality of Work Life, Safety and Health, and Labor-Management Workforce Development grants and ensure proper documentation is provided; contact appropriate parties, as necessary, to resolve questions.
• Provide training and assistance to staff and consultants regarding travel rules, regulations, required forms, and use of SFS.
• Serve as SFS travel proxy for all staff members.
• Make travel arrangements as necessary.
• Audit travel vouchers for staff and consultants making sure that required documentation is provided and that forms have been completed accurately.
• Work closely with staff and consultants to correct mistakes or inaccuracies.
• Maintain hard copy files and electronic filing system for areas of responsibility to ensure ease of use and accessibility to staff.
• Maintain and update administrative forms in hard copy or on network, as appropriate.
• Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory.
• Troubleshoot problems for all office equipment with appropriate staff and contact ITS staff for technical assistance as needed.
• Make recommendations for purchase of new equipment based on researching OGS State contracts.
• Contact vendors to arrange for demonstrations or to request additional information.
• Communicate effectively with vendors, agency and union representatives, and staff to verify, provide or obtain additional information.
• Maintain effective working relationships with office staff, State agencies, union representatives, and employees.
• Assist in training staff in office procedures related to area of responsibility.
• Create procedures to improve efficiency and work flow.
• Create correspondence, reports, and forms as needed to provide appropriate information to staff and stakeholders.
• Suggest improvements for content and design in existing documents.
Additional Comments Free parking on-site.
The Governor’s Office of Employee Relations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, religion, or disability in the admission to, access to, or employment in their programs or activities. Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingSend cover letter and resume to above e-mail address (HR@goer.ny.gov) to apply. Hard copy via US Mail is also accepted. WORD and PDF are the preferred formats. Please reference the Vacancy No. 60540 when applying.