Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible Civil Service List (PCO or PATT) or be a New York State Employee with one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer under section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law
Duties Description Under the direction of the General Counsel, the incumbent will provide exemplary administrative support to the General Counsel and subordinates to assist in meeting the core mission of the agency and support its health and safety initiatives. The Office is a fast-paced environment where the incumbent will be involved in a variety of duties and must have the ability to work with minimal supervision. The ability to maintain confidentiality is an important requirement of this position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and manage tracking databases for such matters as Commissioner correspondence assignments, Inspector General referrals, legislative bills, incoming mail and other functions.
• Review incoming correspondence and reports to determine their significance. Make recommendations to manager or refer to appropriate person for reply. Establish and maintain tickler systems. Track deadlines for responses. Follow-up to see that appropriate information is being prepared and will be completed by deadline.
• Gather data relevant to complex or unusual inquiries in order to provide a basis for a reply or a decision and/or draft the reply. Prepare draft response to correspondence and submit to General Counsel for review.
• Prepare draft responses to letters concerning program, policies and procedures for signature. Review outgoing correspondence for proper grammatical usage, clarity, factual correctness, compliance with policy, program information and conformance to instructions. Insure that appropriate background material is attached.
• Design, set up and maintain files (including electronic) of correspondence/documents, search for requested material and periodically purge obsolete material for storage in records center or for disposal. Prepare file closing memoranda and storage transfer documentation.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue