Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the supervision of an Associate Transportation Analyst, duties for the incumbent will include, but are not limited to:
• Review and approve all federal and state funding requests for highway and bridge-related activities for scoping, preliminary and detailed design, Right-of-Way (ROW) incidentals and acquisition, construction and construction inspection, operational and miscellaneous activities;
• Review and approve NYSDOT let construction projects for letting advertisement;
• Review and approve changes requested by NYSDOT Regions and Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs) to the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP); identify and submit changes that require Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) approval;
• Maintain STIP fiscal constraint and Regional compliance with planning targets;
• Maintain a full understanding of the highway and bridge Capital Program of assigned Regions; identify and resolve possible changes to project schedules and costs, especially those that affect program delivery;
• On a quarterly basis, review and report Regional performance on key capital program measures;
• Annually report delivery performance and reasons for differences for:
The current Memorandum of Understanding with the Legislature,
The Regional Director’s Letting Commitments, and
The STIP construction program;
• Assure the integrity of Program Support System (PSS), Capital Program Letting Report, Oracle Business Intelligence System, Oracle Primavera Portfolio Management System; and
• Provide Regions with both state and federal policy and procedural guidance regarding financial and project production process matters. Assist Regions with project-related issues, resolve issues in order to maintain Plans, Specification & Estimate (PS&E) and let dates.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume no later than
October 24, 2018 to:
New York State Department of Transportation
Policy and Planning Division
ATTN: Dianna Nussbaum
50 Wolf Road, POD 6-4
Albany, NY 12232
Phone: (518) 457-9750
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, POD 6-4