Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Six years of experience in warehouse operations, supply chain management and logistics. One year must have included supervision of staff. Candidate must have two years of previous certification operating a forklift.
An associate degree can substitute for two years of non-supervisory experience; a bachelor's degree may substitute for four years of non-supervisory experience.
Candidates who are currently 55b/c eligible AND meet the minimum qualifications stated above may apply for this position. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Duties Description • Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the daily administration, supervision, and management of the Guilderland Consolidate Warehouse and Distribution Center.
• Process distribution requests and maintain daily communication with tenant agencies
• Schedule deliveries and receive shipments, verify quantities, and communicate transaction specifics
• Maintain accountability of warehouse items using one or more inventory system
• Perform physical inventories with tenant agencies
• Assist with initiative projects: move assets, transferred product, and coordinating surplus requests
• Act as Health and Safety Representative for onsite staff
• Understand and enforce internal controls and processes
• Interpret and communicate work procedures and agency policies to staff
• Schedule preventive maintenance and repairs for vehicles
• Recommend capital improvements, equipment purchases, and maintenance agreements and/or contracts
• Represent the program in communications or meetings with supply contractors, manufacturers, and tenant agencies
• Perform the full range of supervisory duties.
• Candidate must have two years of previous certification operating a forklift. Ability to operate a variety of materials handling equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks. Upon appointment, a forklift instructor certification will be required.
• Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License issued by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicle is required.
• Ability to bend, lift, climb and to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds.
• Flexibility to work in environments of fluctuating temperatures including limited periods outside, year-round.
• Within 60 days of appointment, obtain (and maintain) certification in CPR and comply with established safety procedures.
• Ability to respond to warehouse emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.