Minimum Qualifications Reachable on the Department of Civil Service list for Legal Assistant 2 OR Permanent or contingent permanent status as a Legal Assistant 2 OR Eligible for transfer or reinstatement.
Duties Description This position is located in the Litigation Bureau.
• Draft various legal documents and assist in the preparation for litigation by reviewing pleadings.
• Draft responsive motions or answers, affidavits, or discovery demands.
• Obtain background material; organize and draft discovery demands and responses (including use of e-discovery software).
• Provide significant litigation support in the area of federal and state prisoner litigation.
• Work with assigned attorney to restyle papers as needed.
• Under the supervision of an attorney, handle certain tasks independently.
• Assist with trial preparation.
• Perform legal research and writing, including areas where clear precedent may not be found.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments IN ACCORDANCE WITH STATE LAW, GOVERNOR'S EXECUTIVE ORDERS #6 AND 28.1, AND SECTION 504 OF THE FEDERAL REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973, AS AMENDED BY THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Mgmt. Bureau, State Capitol
Notes on ApplyingEmail is the preferred method of applying. Please send resume and cover letter to Virginia.firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate vacancy number in the subject line of the email. Will also accept mailed and faxed applications.