Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Office Assistant 1 Civil Service eligible list have been canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to an Office Assistant 1 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
GENERAL PUBLIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants who are 55 b/c eligible may apply to this posting.
If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Duties Description Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Answer calls to the OGS Workforce Development Office (WDO) main telephone line, respond to inquiries, refer caller to appropriate personnel, or take detailed message and forward to staff promptly.
• Monitor the shared OGS Training mailbox continuously. Respond to inquiries with information on WDO and agency services, help customers by directing them to forms, information and other services and refer employees and customers to appropriate internal staff or to other agencies as necessary.
• Conducts inspections of both OGS Training rooms daily. Reports and/or handles any issues with the rooms or equipment immediately. Monitors training room keys, ensuring keys are returned immediately upon conclusion of events. Also maintain the Conference/Training room calendars. This includes accepting meeting requests, providing confirmations, instructions and other information to event coordinators, scheduling training, and resolving any conflicts.
• Assist in the compilation of data to be used in the preparation and analysis of Workforce Development Office (WDO) requests as well as assist in the organization of OGS Foundations, a monthly new employee orientation.
• Enter course information into the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS).
• Monitor printer supplies (i.e. toner) and other office supplies. Submit request to purchase supplies to appropriate personnel as necessary and purchase supplies and resources for WDO as needed.
• Communicate both orally and in written format to a variety of individuals.
Additional Comments If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.