Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Two years of experience in carpentry work under the supervision of a skilled Carpenter, or completion of an appropriate two-year technical school course in the carpentry trade.
Candidates are required to provide specific, verifiable information about their qualifying experience with the Application for Posted Position (ADM 227). This information should be on the letterhead of the employer under whom the qualifying experience was gained and include names and titles of supervisors, duties performed during the training period and specific dates of employment and be signed by that employer.
• Candidates qualifying through the completion of appropriate course work should include a copy of their transcript or listing of course work completed.
• A copy of a trades union card is acceptable documentary proof of qualification.
• Candidates who do not submit appropriate documentary proof that they meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered for appointment.
Per Agreement between the Civil Service Employees Association, Inc. and the State of New York, Article 45 (c) the requirement to prove qualification shall rest with the employee.
Duties Description • Assist and perform semi-skilled repairs/installations in the carpentry trades under the direction of a skilled carpenter working independently.
• Retrieve and complete daily assignments and track accountable hours using the AIM work management system.
• Submit accurate and proper documentation in a timely manner.
• Read and follow blueprints and drawings.
Additional Comments Operating Needs:
• Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New York State motor vehicle operator’s license.
• Asbestos certification required within 90 days of appointment as well as compliance with all related PESH/OSHA regulations.
• Able to lift a minimum of 80 lbs.
• Able to use carpentry trade tools such as a table saw, skill saw, router and planner.
• Able to work at heights using ladders, scaffolding, platform lifts, boom lifts etc.
• Able to operate a variety of forklifts (OSHA certification provided after appointment).
• Working knowledge of applicable building codes and regulations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.