Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
129 Main St
Minimum Qualifications Must be in title or on the Civil Service eligible list for this location or be eligible for transfer under section 70.1 in a designated title determined by the New York State Department of Civil Service.
Duties Description Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Greeting visitors upon entry to the building, facilitate sign-in, connect with appropriate person to increase safety and community presence.
• Completing the daily Census and Res Hab Billing/TABS reports.
• Interacting with individuals, the public and employees in a positive and supportive manner.
• Answering incoming phone calls, taking messages and directing inquiries to appropriate person or department.
• Answering public inquiries for employment opportunities - providing a positive introduction, application materials, and connecting the peson with staffing liaison or administrator.
• Providing clerical support to administrators, such as: typing, proofreading, faxing, copies, filing, and organizing.
• Completing the clerical processing on documents related to Res Hab billing, fire drills, audits, training,and QLR, as well as the supporting documents for incidents (scan, label, forward, electronically file).
• Creating and maintaining tracking systems (Excel and Word) for a variety of projects.
• Assisting staff with equipment issues and performing basic cleaning and maintenance of office equipment and refering problems to appropriate person (keyboards, screens, phones, copy/scan/fax machines, video and teleconference equipment, computers – ITS help tickets).
• Maintaining a written inventory, ordering of office supplies and materials, organizing storage of resources.
• Tracking time off for employees on a calendar and reconciling TIMES for administrator processing and/or approval.
• Assisting staff with reserving conference room space and maintaining on-site conference/training room schedule
• Assisting Office Manager with maintenance/building issues, and communicate with property owner, maintenance and cleaning company.
• Providing supervision and direction to volunteers.
Additional Comments • For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions, but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their position with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
620 Westfall Road