Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree plus three years' relevant experience as a DASNY Sr. APM, including two years' supervisory experience or successful completion of designated supervisor training during probationary period, OR Bachelor's degree plus three years' experience as a DASNY Field Representative (grade 3), including two years' supervisory experience or successful completion of designated supervisor training during probationary period, OR Bachelor's degree plus seven years' relevant experience including two years' supervisory experience or successful completion of designated supervisor training during probationary period, OR a NYS Professional Engineers or Architects license with 12 years' relevant experience including four years' supervisory experience.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a construction industry related field plus five years' experience as a DASNY Senior APM or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a construction industry related field plus five years' experience as a DASNY Field Representative (grade 3) or Bachelor's degree in construction industry related field plus 10 years' relevant construction industry experience with public or private projects. NYS Professional Engineers or Architects license. Minimum two years' supervisory experience. PC applications and construction systems experience. (Primavera project management and scheduling applications preferred).
• Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend plans, specifications, addenda, bid materials, contracts and related construction documents.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Proficiency in PC applications, such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and/or participate in team endeavors.
• Demonstrated record of taking initiative.
• Demonstrated management skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
• Basic knowledge of management principles.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Project Manager manages all aspects of construction projects, and oversees all functions necessary to provide value added services to customer agencies for full and modified service projects.
• Represents DASNY as primary liaison to customer agency.
• Meets with customer agency and makes recommendations regarding project approach.
• Develops and monitors project scope budget and schedule, and prepares related reports as required.
• Manages and participates in the selection of design and construction consultants.
• Monitors the development of project drawings, documents and specifications.
• Coordinates bid advertising, reviews bids, prepares bid summary and recommends contract awards.
• Assist in the drafting of design and construction contracts.
• Schedules, coordinates and monitors all project activities among DASNY groups (including but not limited to State Environmental Quality Review, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Opportunity Programs Group, Finance, Legal, and Information Services), consultants, contractors, governmental agencies and other project entities through project closeout.
• Conducts joint scope and job progress meetings, and delivers monthly reports as dictated by project scope.
• Ensures consultant and contractor compliance with all DASNY procedures.
• Manages all aspects of consultant and construction contracts including review and approval of consultant and contractor requests for payment, change orders, amendments, reduction in retainage, extensions of schedule and contract closeout.
• Coordinates consultant and contractor deliverables through thorough understanding of contract deliverables, pre-construction meetings, Construction Manager Orientations, Project Health Assessments, monthly project meetings, and contract closeout checklists.
• Develops documents, prepares and maintains reports for customer agencies and DASNY management through updating of project information utilizing internal systems.
• Continuously evaluates the performance of architects, engineers, contractors and construction managers utilizing internal A/E/C CM Evaluation system, and ensures all evaluations are complete at project closeout.
• Supervises Assistant and Senior Assistant Project Managers, Field Representatives and administrative resources.
• Ensures quality is maintained in accordance with the original intent of construction documents through coordination with construction managers/contractors and/or management of material testing and inspection consultants, review of daily field reporting, and coordination with internal quality resources.
• Participate in the documentation, negotiation and settlement of claims.
• Ensure the retention and maintenance of records and files both on and off-site as appropriate.
• Assist in the development, administration and testing of construction-related software tools and applications.
• Establish necessary procedures and monitor progress to accommodate the requirements for acquisition of Temporary Certificate of Occupancy, Temporary Approval of Occupancy, Certificate of Occupancy and Code Compliance Certificate.
• Conduct surveys and inspections of existing facilities to determine design and construction defects and rehabilitation requirements.
• Pursues new business opportunities with customer agencies on behalf of DASNY.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Train and evaluate employees.
• Develop, document and implement procedures.
• Assess, develop and implement internal controls, and oversee the review and testing of same.
• Assist Management in the development of policies.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Supervision of employees is required.
Requires travel (may be frequent), using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and other work-safety hazards (chemicals, fumes, etc.) of a construction site. May require time-pressured decision-making. Must be available to occasionally work a modified work schedule or extended workday hours.
Official station may be located at a construction field site. If not, frequent site visits will be required. Requires use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder, Global Positioning Systems field location devices.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.