Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree plus three years relevant experience in a similar sized organization.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Construction Technology or related field plus three years experience in the negotiation, award and administration of professional service agreements and/or contracts on behalf of a similar sized organization. Working knowledge of the building design and construction process.
• Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated results.
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Contract Administrator facilitates the contract bid and award process and reviews, analyzes and processes contract requests and amendments in accordance with DASNY procurement guidelines.
• Schedule and coordinate construction bid openings.
• Assist in the evaluation of bidder's responsibility and responsiveness.
• Assist Construction in recommendation-to-award process.
• Evaluate cost and fee proposals from professional firms, determine the fairness and reasonableness of the proposals.
• Negotiate terms of Professional Services Contracts, including contract amendments and supplementary agreements as necessary.
• Participate in and/or chair consultant selection committees.
• Prepare professional services contracts and amendments.
• Prepare and process work authorizations issued against term consulting contracts
• Provide assistance and coordinate with Construction and other operating units in the interpretation and implementation of contract provision, and in the accumulation of required documentation and submittals.
• Ensure competent and sufficient documentation of the professional services contract award process is maintained in the contract files.
• Identify and apprise management of potential improvement opportunities in the contract award process.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Train and evaluate employees.
• Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of procedures.
• Assist with the assessment/development and implementation of internal controls, and participate in the review and testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Supervision of employees may be required.
May require travel using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires complex and time-pressured decision-making. Overtime or extended work hours may be required.
Standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder.
*This position rates a $5,054 annual location differential
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.