Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree with strong academic qualifications; an MBA or CFA designation is preferred. Candidate should have a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in Alternative investments, with knowledge of the full spectrum of investment options, including private equity and private real estate; familiarity with leading managers, investment processes, operations, and compliance protocol; an understanding of fund structures, accounting treatment and valuation; experience in calculating rates of return, fees, carried interest allocation. Minimal travel required.
Seeking candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Goal-oriented individual with solid organizational skills
• Strong quantitative skills and analytical ability
• Compelling presentation skills, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• A foundation in manager research, selection and monitoring, and experience with Alternative execution through primaries, secondaries, and co-investment vehicles
• Ability to work well-independently and with potential asset managers or deal teams
Duties Description The Director of Private Markets will report to the CIO and assist with the design and implementation of a strategy for private markets, real assets and other alternative asset classes for the Fund. Responsibilities will include identifying and analyzing investment opportunities in the alternative investments area; assisting with policy creation and implementation; preparing investment memorandums; and actively monitoring all alternative investments. The person will assist with asset allocation, especially as it relates to sub-asset classes within alternative investments; actively participate in vetting potential fund managers; and participate in meetings with the Investment Committee of the Board.
Program Development and Implementation:
• Design and develop investment policy statement, objectives and procedures for Alternative Investing
• Establish a process to critically assess fund managers, their processes, and risk management
• Establish and monitor appropriate limits and constraints (Industry concentrations, etc.)
• Establish processes and guidelines for portfolio valuation
• Collaborate with external and internal constituents to ensure appropriate risk management
Sourcing Managers, Due Diligence, Investment and Monitoring Investments:
• Collaborate with Investment Consultant and internal personnel on investment opportunities
• Assist in evaluating and selecting external managers, using qualitative and quantitative due diligence
• Model and value PE and underlying investments, including possible liquidation events
• Prepare written proposals for new and existing Alternative Investments
• Analyze program strategy, and articulate strengths and weaknesses to management
• Work with Investment Consultant to develop a network of sourcing managers
• Challenge underlying investment assumptions; assess liquidity and sensitivities
• Monitor and report on manager / portfolio performance relative to expectations
• Evaluate portfolio performance, using measures such as MOIC, IRR, and PME
• Partner with legal professionals to review Limited Partner Agreements
• Lead internal and external groups to establish best practices for operation and cash management
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.