Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Office of General Services employees with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status as a Plant Utilities Engineer 2 and are interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Plant Utilities Engineer 2 and interested in transfer; OR current New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Plant Utilities Engineer 1, SG-14 and eligible for transfer under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Plant Utilities Engineer 2 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting.
Duties Description Duties:
• As a working supervisor, the incumbent will schedule and supervise operation, preventive maintenance and repair of various HVAC and Plant related equipment.
• Exercise and apply agency goals to reduce energy consumption, where applicable.
• Implement and oversee operation and safety procedures.
• Maintain Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) records, as required.
• Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New York State motor vehicle operator’s license.
• Asbestos Supervisor certification required within 90 days of appointment as well as compliance with all related PESH/OSHA regulations.
• Utilities Management is a 24/7 operation, thus night, weekend, and holiday work is required based on shift assignment and operational need.
Shift: This is a 24/7 shift operation - shift assignment is subject to bidding based on OGS City of Albany. Seniority time and may be subject to change based on operational requirements.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.