Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent competitive service as a Nurse Practitioner and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Possession of a New York State License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and certification in Psychiatry by the New York State Education Department. Candidates interested in applying for the open competitive opportunity via the continuous recruitment examination for Nurse Practitioner must complete the New York State application https://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf and submit via email to: HRM@wcb.ny.gov or mail to: Human Resources 328 State Street Schenectady, NY 12305.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Medical Director and/or Assistant Medical Director, the incumbent will assist in the general oversight of medical issues at the Board and promote high quality care and outcomes for all injured workers. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide clinical support and expertise to the Medical Director/Assistant Medical Director and MDO staff related to medical treatment guidelines.
• Monitor and update medical treatment guidelines, the prescription drug formulary, impairment guidelines and the medical fee schedule.
• Assist in the development of strategies and implementation of initiatives to facilitate authorized providers participation in the workers’ compensation system of care (i.e. medical portal and prior authorization processes).
• Perform outreach, communication and education to Board/authorized registered health care providers (including physicians, chiropractors, podiatrists, psychologists and other registered providers).
• Support staff by developing and reviewing proposed medical decisions related to MG-1s, MG-2s, C-4 authorization forms (authorization of care requests).
• Monitor health care provider compliance to Board guidelines and requirements.
• Consult with Board staff relative to authorization of health care providers, as well as propose/review disciplinary actions.
• Provide support to MDO assembled health care practice committees including, but not limited to Psychology Practice Committee and the Medical Advisory Committee.
• Collaborate with MDO staff and providers to ensure continuity of care for injured workers.
• Develop, document and periodically update policies and procedures.
You must maintain your license and registration once you are appointed to continue employment with the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board.
Additional Comments Posted hiring salary includes a Geographical Differential ($20,000) added to the statutory rate ($77,187) PS&T SG-24. Posted maximum salary includes the sum of a Geographical Differential ($20,000) added to the statutory rate ($97,448) PS&T, SG-24.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
328 State Street
Notes on ApplyingCandidates interested in applying for the open competitive opportunity via this continuous recruitment examination for Nurse Practitioner must complete the New York State Application https://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf and submit via email to: HumanResources@wcb.ny.gov or mail to: Human Resources 328 State Street Schenectady, NY 12305.