Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
960-980 Elton Street
Minimum Qualifications TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS:
• Any current Habilitation Specialist 1
• Any permanent employee eligible for 70.1 transfer, OR
• Anyone currently reachable for appointment on the NYS Department of Civil Service list.
• In the event that there is not a valid list, candidates who meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
• A qualifying Bachelor’s Degree in the Human Services field which includes professional disciplines of Audiology, Community Mental Health, Nursing, Nutrition, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Speech/Language Pathology and Therapeutic Recreation (including concentrations in art, dance, drama, music, or physical education). Also included are related academic disciplines associated with the study of human behavior (e.g. gerontology, human services, sociology, speech communication) or human skills development (e.g. counseling, education, human development).
• A Master’s Degree in a human services field or permanent NYS certification as a teacher may be substituted for the degree and experience described above,
• 1 year of Direct Care or clinical experience providing services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Through monitoring and direct interaction, the Habilitation Specialist 1 must ensure that the individual’s overall needs are met and that program plans are revised and updated as needed. Additionally, the Habilitation Specialist 1 will have an integral role in ensuring ICF Regulations compliance.
• Interface with Care Coordinators/Managers.
• Develop program plans, monitor plan data, generate program plan progress
• Ensure that all staff are trained on all habilitation plans
• Creates and updates CFA documentation to ensure accuracy
• Generates habilitation programs and revise as necessary
• Chair ITT meeting, record and share meeting minutes
• Conduct periodic visits to the Day Programs
• Other duties as assigned
Note: Travel will be required
Additional Comments • For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored. Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA).? If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by the government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.student aid.gov/public service.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.