Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Base: Middletown Office, 42 Rykowski Lane, Suite 2
Minimum Qualifications • Must be currently permanent in the title of Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding;
• Must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding;
• Must be Eligible for 70.1 transfer in a designated title determined by the New York State Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 grades of targeted title). Must take a performance exam to demonstrate keyboarding skills, if you have not held an Office Assistant 1 position.
• Qualified for Provisional Appointment to an Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding. (Must have one-year permanent service as an Office Assistant 1. If previously did not hold an Office Assistant 1 position, the applicant must take and pass a performance exam to demonstrate keyboarding skills.)
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient In-Title and/or Civil Service List Candidates.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Office Assistants 2 either supervise two or more Office Assistants 1 or other lower-level staff; and/or directly perform the more difficult or complicated clerical processing and office support work for which substantive knowledge of the program area is required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Residential Services – Administrative Support of 2 Orange County Treatment Team Leaders (Teams 2 and 7) and be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
• Prepare meeting agendas; compose, type and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence and reports; type Administrative on Duty reports; transcribe meeting minutes.
• Schedule and confirm appointments for management; schedule meetings and conference rooms.
• Enter Daily Census Movements and Residential Day Habilitation billing into TABS.
• Prepare confidential and sensitive documents; prepare tracking and statistical reports utilizing Excel spreadsheets; assist with electronic submission of incident packets.
• Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems.
• Assist state operated residential teams and direct support professionals with technical issues.
• Prepare purchase orders and maintain office equipment and supplies.
• Provide clerical coverage in the absence of supervisor, Grade 15.
• Complete special assignments and perform other duties as requested.
Psychology Department – Administrative Support of Principal Psychologist
• Provide administrative support for the operation of the Hudson Valley DDSOO Behavior Management Review Committee Orange County (BMRC) which review more than 350 packets per year. Administrative support includes preparing BMRC presentation schedules, copies of packets, and minutes templates for the Orange County BMRC committee, tracking submissions and revisions, utilizing Excel software, to maintain compliance; maintain the electronic BMRC submission and filing system.
• Communicate with 10 psychologists regarding BMRC submissions, scheduling, and tracking.
• Utilize Microsoft Office for meeting/conference room scheduling.
• Maintain office equipment and prepare purchase requests.
• Complete special projects and perform other duties as requested.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by November 13, 2018, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.