Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
42 Rykowski Lane, Suite 2
Minimum Qualifications • Must be a permanent Community Mental Health Nurse;
•? Must be active and reachable on the Community Mental Health Nurse Civil Service Eligible List, and meet the educational requirements as specified on the exam announcement;
•? Eligible for 70.1 transfer in a designated title determined by the NYS Department of Civil Service; possess a license and registration to practice as a Registered Nurse in New York State, and meet the specified education and experience criteria as noted on the current Civil Service exam announcement for Community Mental Health Nurse;
•? Qualified for provisional* appointment to Community Mental Health Nurse.
NOTE: *Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient in-Title and/or Civil Service List Candidates.
Minimum Qualifications for Provisional Appointment:
You must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State, or possess a limited permit to practice nursing in New York State. (You must obtain your New York State license within one year of the date of appointment or action will be taken to remove you from the position.)
1. a bachelor's or higher degree in one of the areas listed below*; AND two years of professional clinical nursing experience, including at least one year as described below **; OR
2. 30 college credits in the areas listed below* IN ADDITION TO an associate's degree in nursing or completion of a three-year nursing program (attach a copy of your college transcript(s) to your NYS-APP) AND three years of professional clinical nursing experience, including at least one year as described below **
* Acceptable areas include nursing, health care administration, public administration in a health care area, public health, community mental health, community mental health counseling, psychology, sociology, biology, social work or human services. The 30 credits may include up to two statistics courses. Courses/degrees in physical education, recreation therapy, English, history, math, anthropology, languages, etc. are NOT acceptable.
** One year of experience in providing direct services to individuals diagnosed with mental illness, mental retardation, developmental disabilities, or alcohol or substance abuse in a COMMUNITY SETTING, e.g., a halfway house, visiting nurse, or a community clinic. SUBSTITUTION: A master's degree in community mental health may be substituted for this experience only.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Community Mental Health Nurse/Orange County Hospital Nurse Liaison is essential to the health and safety of hospitalized individuals for Hudson Valley DDSOO. Individuals receive acute care among the 4 facilities located within the county.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Visits all hospitals with acute care admissions in assigned area of responsibility on at least a weekly basis or more frequently as the need dictates.
2. Completes a written report to include patient observation, chart review, significant test results, incidents, quality of care issues and discharge planning. Forwards report to appropriate parties.
3. Completes Hospital tracking form and forwards to appropriate parties.
4. Reviews hospital care provided, ensuring that all pertinent medical information has been received by hospital and that all identified medical and nursing needs are met.
5. Works closely with discharge planner to ensure that discharge planning process is in progress and includes written instructions at time of discharge. Ensures that discharge planning includes the arrangement of appropriate post hospitalization services. (i.e. OT, PT)
6. Facilitates discharge from acute care to rehab. Visits upon request from the team.
7. Provides assistance and support for end of life situations in the hospital and nursing homes.
8. Monitors agency and residential sitter coverage while individuals are hospitalized. Reports any issues to sitter agency and HVDDSOO TTL. Documents sitter service on tracking form and reviews payment voucher for accuracy.
9. Maintains ongoing communication between the community hospitals and appropriate Treatment Team members.
10. Schedules and participates in meetings with hospital staff and HVDDSOO Medical/Nursing Department to discuss problems/issues identified. Assists in education of hospital personnel in topics that pertain to OPWDD rules and regulations.
11. Participates as active member of Nursing Policy and Procedure Committee, and other ad hoc committees as needed.
12. Maintains up-to-date Sharepoint site that documents hospitalizations.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Although an office will be located in Orange County for the successful candidate, the actual assignment will require working throughout Orange County.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: HVDDSO Employees: Obtain form HV-PO 161 and submit November 13, 2018, to:
Non OPWDD Employees: Submit cover letter and résumé by November 13, 2018, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.