Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Associate Psychologist
Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the current Civil Service eligible list;
OR for Transfer Opportunity:
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as an Associate Psychologist and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be in a title deemed appropriate for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law;
For Temporary Appointment:
Candidates must have a doctoral degree in a field of psychology; AND have completed a one year, full-time clinical internship or traineeship; OR one year of psychology experience in a clinical setting under the supervision of a Licensed Psychologist. Candidates must demonstrate on their application how they meet this qualification.
1. Non-qualifying degrees include, but are not limited to the following: education, educational psychology, educational counseling, guidance counseling, experimental psychology, industrial psychology, organizational psychology, student and personnel services, mental health counseling, human relations, etc.
2. Psychology experience in a clinical setting is considered to be any direct care experience with individuals, families, or groups in a hospital, clinic, private practice, or correctional setting under the supervision of a Licensed Psychologist. Qualifying experience must primarily include performing psychological evaluations or assessment tests, psychological diagnostic testing, developing psychological treatment plans, providing psychological counseling and treatment in one or more of the following areas: mental and/or emotional disorders, mental retardation, developmental disabilities, alcoholism, addictions, sex offender assessment and treatment, or forensic mental health.
3. The following experience is NOT considered qualifying: experience in administration, administrative services, administrative oversight, training, special education, behavior specialist, habilitation specialist, project management, research, or primarily supervisory experience. Other non-qualifying experience including, but is no limited to, experience in experimental psychology, research psychology, industrial psychology, organizational psychology, utilization review, guidance counseling, etc.
Associate Psychologist is a continuous recruitment examination. Candidates who are not on the eligible list may apply for this position and if appointed, will receive a temporary appointment. To apply for this examination, candidates must submit a completed NYS-APP form with their resume and cover letter. A NYS-APP form can be obtained by emailing NYS Department of Civil Service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates appointed temporary must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed. Candidates who are found not qualified or who do not receive a reachable score may not be retained.
Duties Description ASSOCIATE PSYCHOLOGIST:
• Senior clinician; performs duties virtually identical to those of a Psychologist 2. Appointment at this level requires possession of a doctoral degree in a field of psychology.
• Perform any/all of the duties of a Psychologist 1.
• Work with individuals receiving services that present the more complex behavioral and/or mental health problems.
• May provide administrative supervision to lower-level psychology staff.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by November 14, 2018 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 18-151 in all correspondence.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.