Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Division of Homeland Security and Emergency employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 3 (Calculations) and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 3 (Calculations); OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 12 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Office Assistant 3 (Calculations) Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Office Assistant 3 (Calculations) is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description • Prepare and process Local Assistance payments.
• Monitor balances on large projects.
• Utilize SFS, Excel and other software programs.
• Prepare and process federal smartlink draw-downs.
• Prepare financial reports for reconciled programs for quarterly reporting to FEMA and HHS.
• Coordinate and assist program and financial staff related to project activity.
• Maintain detailed accounting records of funds and payment process.
• Attend training meetings and seminars related to financial and grants management.
• Participate in the planning, development and review of unit financial plans, policies and procedures.
• Train staff as required.
• Respond to inquiries from agencies, local governments or not-for-profits.
• Prepares special reports, when needed.
• Assigns work to staff, schedule work flow and review work performance.
Additional Comments NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.