Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Division of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status as an Associate Training Technician and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status as an Associate Training Technician; OR current New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c in a position allocated to a Grade 21 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Associate Training Technician Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
*Travel is required. Appointees to these positions are required to have a driver’s license valid in New York State to operate a motor vehicle or otherwise demonstrate their capacity to meet the transportation needs of the job.”
Duties Description • Assists in identifying the training needs of the Division.
• Communicates with DVA staff and discusses the various programs with managers.
• Reviews internal control reports to identify problems to be addressed by training seminars.
• Participates in all meetings conducted within DVA. Assists the Director in planning and integrating training needs and in determining how best these needs should be addressed
• Ensure that VA accreditations are current and that the NYS Division of Veterans’ Affairs’ training curriculum and refresher trainings are complete and meet the standards of the United States of Veterans’ Affairs’
• Prepares accreditation applications for the Director’s review and submission to the United States Division of Veterans’ Affairs’.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.