Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Eligible for a lateral transfer or eligible for a 70.1 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title.
Eligible for a 52.6 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title.
Reachable on the appropriate eligible list(s) in Albany.
Duties Description Reporting to a Contract Management Specialist 3, G-27, duties include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate and/or participate in the development, review and analysis of more complicated Request for Proposals (RFP) and Information for Bids (IFB) to ensure all financial, contractual and administrative requirements are met. Assist with the development of evaluation criteria for the cost and technical proposals. Participate in the evaluation and analysis of financial proposals, to establish financial rankings and support contractor selection.
• Perform more complex contract and procurement activities, including, but not limited to, Single and Sole Source procurements, and multi-state and multi-agency procurements.
• Ensure that procurements and contract transactions comply with all NYS laws, rules, regulations and guidelines;
• Assist program areas with planning procurement timeframes. Keep management apprised of any possible problems or delays in processing and managing contracts and procurements.
• Participate in contract development and negotiations. Review and analyze draft contracts and contract amendments, and extensions to determine their validity, and fiscal and programmatic implications;
• Serve as liaison with assigned OTDA organizations, Office of the State Comptroller, and other State Agencies to facilitate the purchasing and procurement process while ensuing all control requirements are met. Coordinate the contract approval process internally and externally with the NYS Office of the Attorney General (OAG) and Office of the State Comptroller (OSC); Facilitate contract administration through the Statewide Financial System (SFS).
• Review contractor vouchers to ensure all contract work submitted for payments are compliant with contractual payment provisions and approvals are timely. Work with staff in Finance and Budget, to resolve payment issues.
• Supervise and train Contract Management Specialist 1s and Trainees. Oversee work assignments, provide training and guidance. Review and approve procurement records prior to release to the Office of the State Comptroller, ensuring compliance with NYS Laws, Procurement Council Guidelines, and other State Procurement policies.
• Maximize participation in, and compliance with, the Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE) program and the Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses (SDVOBs) program in OTDA purchasing transactions, procurements and contracts.
• Support leadership in the creation and implementation of modern procurement methodologies, recommend opportunities for contract improvements to staff and management, develop solutions to meet changing customer needs.
Additional Comments Appointment is contingent on Division of Budget approval to fill. A full-time, contingent permanent appointment will be made. You must be a current NYS employee to apply to this position. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
***Candidates should reference posting #18-199 when submitting your application.*** If submitting electronically, please reference posting #18-199 as part of your subject line.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Development in Albany at (518) 473-8555 or in New York City at (212) 961-8216.