Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Education Level required:
Education Level required: J. D. or LLB from accredited law school; admission to New York State Bar.
Relevant experience required: Minimum of 6 years of post-admission legal experience in one or more of the following areas: economic development, corporate, real estate, contract law, large scale project management. Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and provide business-practical legal advice a strong plus. Ideal candidate will have relevant in-house or public sector experience, including exposure to large-scale development projects.
Knowledge of construction and zoning laws and regulation desirable.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION: Represent and advise the Corporation with respect to all aspects of its activities and functions, with a concentration in real estate development. Must have ability to anticipate and communicate issues to legal and business staff.
• Corporate - Represent ESD on all aspects of general corporate matters including the drafting, negotiation and/or review of diverse corporate documents by and among public and private parties.
• Real Estate - Draft, negotiate, review and advise on real estate acquisition, disposition, financing and development documents including land purchase and sale agreements, leases, development agreements, deeds, easements, licenses, title reports and appraisals.
• Procurement and contracts - Advise on and assist in drafting solicitation documents for real estate dispositions. Draft, negotiate, review and advise during development of construction contracts, construction support services post award, including but not limited to contract interpretation, contract disputes, amendments and claims resolution. Draft scopes of services for project consultants including appraisers and outside counsel and provide consulting contract management and oversight.
• Project management - Work with interdisciplinary teams of in-house staff and outside consultants (including private developers, State and local government entities, outside counsel, environmental consultants, architects and others) to develop General Project Plans for single and multi-parcel real estate development projects for commercial and mixed uses Statewide.
• Legislation and policy - Draft and/or review and provide advice to ESD with respect to legislation and regulation that might affect ESD and its projects.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with UDC Act, all UDC legislation and related laws and regulations.
• Perform administrative and other tasks assigned by the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel.
• Supervise assistant and associate counsels, interns and outside counsel and consultants for ESD.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.