Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as a Professional Engineer 1 (Environmental); OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a salary grade 24 and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1* of the Civil Service Law.
Possession of a NYS Professional Engineer’s license with current registration is required.
Candidates reachable on the Professional Engineer 1 (Environmental) eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals of a transfer opportunity.
*70.1 Transfer Candidates: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Professional Engineer 1 (Environmental) is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov. In addition, an applicant eligible for 70.1 transfer via GOT-IT is required to meet the minimum qualifications listed below to be considered.
55b/c Eligible Candidates:
Candidates who are currently 55b/c eligible AND meet the minimum qualifications below may apply for this position. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Additional Minimum Qualifications for 55b/c and/or 70.1 Transfer Candidates:
A New York State Professional Engineer’s license and current registration:
a bachelor’s degree or higher in Aeronautical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Engineering Technology, Environmental Design Engineering, Environmental Resources Engineering, Environmental Systems Engineering, Forest Engineering, Geological Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Materials and Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Metallurgic and Materials Engineering, Paper Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Soil and Water Resources Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, or Engineering Science with a recognized concentration in any of the above listed engineering degrees;
one year of engineering experience in sanitary, public health or environmental engineering.
Duties Description Responsible for the design and review of plans and specifications for projects related to water and wastewater treatment and conveyance, storm water treatment and management.
Duties include but may not be limited to:
• Prepare and/or review engineering designs, plans, and environmental assessments for environmental facilities for State agencies.
• Analyze site physical data to ensure appropriate environmental laws, regulations and engineering standards are satisfied.
• Prepare contract documents and engineering reports, obtain approvals from regulatory and municipal authorities, perform water and storm water modeling, and conduct hydrant flow tests.
• Manage and review multiple complex projects for both in-house and consultant designs.
• Work closely with multiple client agencies to manage project designs, budgets and schedules.
• Work with local, state and federal agencies and municipalities to coordinate work and obtain approvals.
• Supervise the work of lower level Engineers and technical staff.
• Provide technical assistance to other divisions within Design & Construction.
• Some travel required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.