Minimum Qualifications Applicants must possess the following minimal requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare or quantitative field of study
• Experience or interest in statistical analysis and machine learning concepts
• Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to creatively problem solve
• Dynamic, self-starter with a proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Access
The ideal candidate will have the following additional knowledge and experience:
• 1-3 years demonstrated experience in data analysis and data visualization
• Knowledge of the healthcare industry and medical coding concepts (CPT, ICD-9 / 10, DRGs)
• Experience in SQL and a firm understanding of relational databases
• Experience in any of the following: R, Python, SPSS Modeler, data visualization tools (e.g. R ggplot, Shiny, Tableau)
Duties Description The Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) of the New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a Research Analyst to join its Electronic Investigative Support Group (EISG) based in New York City. The EISG manages a statewide network, consisting of 8 regional offices, and supports a 20+ terabyte data mart which serves as the main data source in the investigation and prosecution of healthcare fraud and abuse.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzing healthcare data, Medicaid claims and other data mining resources to identify instances of fraud, waste and abuse
• Collecting, cleansing, and formatting large quantities of data
• Conducting exploratory data analysis and draft potential anomaly metrics
• Translating historical patterns of fraud, waste, and abuse into features for modeling
• Collaborating with MFCU’s audit and investigative staff to validate potential models and record requirements for future development
• Preparing reports and visualizations to document and present findings to Medicaid Fraud investigators
• Documenting analytical process and model development
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Salary to be determined commensurate with experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the “Notes on Applying” section, the “Application Due” date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the hiring bureau on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time. For the most current information on available position vacancies, applicants are advised to review the Office of the New York State Attorney General website (www.ag.ny.gov/job-postings) or contact the Legal Recruitment Bureau via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingHOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received online. To apply, please go to our website, www.ag.ny.gov, Resources/Job Opportunities - Attorney Positions. Reference No. MFCU_RSA_NYC_6087
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter (You may address to Sandra Jefferson Grannum, Esq., Bureau Chief, Legal Recruitment)
• List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses
• Writing Sample
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment Bureau via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov