Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment method:
Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/.
Workers with Disabilities Program: Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements of the Workers with Disabilities Program as described in Civil Service Law § 55b/c. Information about the Workers with Disabilities Program can be found here: https://www.cs.ny.gov/dpm/workersdisabilities.cfm
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services is seeking a candidate for the position of Office Assistant 1 Stores/Mail. The incumbent will be assigned to Office Services and be required to perform Stores and Mail duties in support of Departmental operations in Albany. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Opens, sorts and delivers mail, and performs a variety of tasks using the mail machine;
• Receives, picks up, delivers, opens, appropriately sorts and distributes mail, or other forms of correspondence or communication, materials, or stores;
• Processes outgoing mail by inserting letters into envelopes, seals envelopes, and applies correct postage;
• Tracks incoming and outgoing barcoded mail using the Send Suite Tracking System;
• Advises supervisor upon receipt of damaged goods or incomplete or incorrect shipments;
• Prepares outgoing Certified mail and processes electronically;
• Prepares outgoing packages for mailing electronically, determines the best mail service to use within the given parameters, and assists Department personnel to prepare mailings;
• Processes documents from Business Units for mailing using the folder/inserter machine;
• Fills supply orders and conducts inventory of supplies;
• Takes periodic physical inventory and maintains perpetual inventory records;
• Processes requests from the public for Department publications;
• Generates reports and tracks data using Excel spreadsheets;
• Receives training on all Department copiers and printers to maintain toner and track usage;
• Operates, and performs basic cleaning and maintenance on office machines and equipment; clears paper jams in copiers, scanners and printers; replaces toner cartridges;
• Assists with records retention by processing employee requests, transporting, verifying and preparing storage boxes for shipment;
• Creates spreadsheet records;
• Assists with moving furniture as needed; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than Wednesday, November 20, 2018 to the email address listed below. Please include the Box #OS-00915 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
Box # OS-00915
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza- Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job. If the accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency, the agency is not required to provide it.