Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description The incumbent will be located in the Program Administration Unit (PAU) and will be responsible for the following duties:
• Processing transactions in the New York Benefits Eligibility and Accounting System (NYBEAS); assisting Health Benefits Administrators (HBAs) with completing enrollment transactions, and making corrections to enrollment data.
• Reviewing and sorting correspondence received from enrollees and agency HBAs and processing correspondence as per the rules and regulations of the New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP).
• Handling calls from HBAs, enrollees, or other applicable parties in State agencies or NYSHIP participating employers by providing general and specific NYSHIP program, enrollment and eligibility information.
• Explaining and interpreting applicable rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures to HBAs, enrollees, or other applicable parties in State agencies or NYSHIP participating public employers via telephone or through written correspondence.
• Reconciling accounts which includes, but is not limited to, processing transactions, sending bills, and resolving discrepancies between the payroll and enrollment systems.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.