Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
15 Abbott Road
Minimum Qualifications • Any permanent Developmental Assistant 2.
• Any permanent employee who would meet eligibility requirements for a 70.1 transfer.
• Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service list.
• Provisional appointment may be considered. To be eligible, candidates must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Developmental Assistant Trainee, Developmental Assistant Trainee (In Residence Model), Senior Licensed Practical Nurse 1, Developmental Assistant 1, or Developmental Assistant 1 (In Residence Model).
Non-Qualifying Experience for Examination No 37-795: Service as a Direct Support Assistant, or Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide are not qualifying experience for this exam.
Qualifying Experience For Appointment from the Eligible List:
Completion of the Developmental Assistant Traineeship or Developmental Assistant Traineeship (In Residence Model) AND at least one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Developmental Assistant 1 OR Developmental Assistant 1 (In Residence Model), OR Senior Licensed Practical Nurse 1, successful candidates will be qualified for appointment from the eligible list.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Developmental Assistant 2s supervise and work with direct care staff to provide motivation and attend to the personal daily living needs of individuals with developmental disabilities to help them lead better lives. The person in this position serves as a first line supervisor of direct support. This position highly involves mentoring trainees in the performance of their duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function in the role of a Developmental Assistant 2 within the treatment team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by November 16, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #181116H in all correspondence.