Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
500 Balltown Road
Minimum Qualifications You must be employed by New York State in order to be eligible for appointment to this position.
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Human Resources Specialist 2 and be eligible for transfer; OR Candidates must be eligible for transfer via Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law by having at least one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in a qualifying title within two salary grades or one M grade of the grade 23 level. OR
Duties Description The duties of the Human Resources Specialist 2 will include, but not be limited to, the following:
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Human Resources 1, at the Capital District Developmental Disabilities Services Office (Capital District DDSO), performs and supervises the performance of various personnel activities.
• Supervise subordinate staff in the HR Department associated to the development and maintenance of an adequate and competent workforce.
• Plans, conducts and supervises the conduct of Capital District DDSOs recruitment program.
• Supervises the administration of tasks pertaining to the appointment, assignment and evaluation of staff.
• Provides advice and assistance to program managers and supervisors in disciplinary matters.
• Develops and maintains effective procedures for timely probationary performance evaluations and annual employee work performance ratings and appraisals.
• Advises program managers, supervisors and employees on applicable laws, rules, directives or negotiated agreements related to the work environment.
• Provides technical policy, state and federal law guidance to management.
• Administers various employee services, supervises the preparation of reports and correspondence.
• Completes all mandatory training and associated post-testing.
• Work collaboratively with appropriate state agencies to meet unit staffing requirements.
• Prepare submissions to appropriate agencies/divisions to support classification, investigations, appointments, testing, training, and other unit related responsibilities.
Prefer someone with:
• Ability to work confidentially, independently, act discreetly and exercise good judgment
• The ability to use a variety of automated software programs
• Very good oral and written communications skills
• Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others in a busy, fast-paced environment with many demands
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail ODHPRSNL if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office - Building #1