Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment method:
List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Office Assistant 2, #37-890.
Transfer: Candidates in a title eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law are encouraged to apply. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (DFS) is seeking candidates for the position of Office Assistant 2 in the Human Resources Management office. The Office Assistant 2 will be responsible for providing vital clerical support to the Human Resources Management staff. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Prepares and tracks employee appointment letters for Director of Human Resources signature;
• Runs and updates clearance codes bi-weekly for all necessary competitive and non-competitive positions;
• Issues HR related notifications for separations, non-employees and other miscellaneous changes;
• Publishes and tracks job vacancy announcements on the internet, intranet, StateJobsNY and Indeed;
• Works closely with recruitment team and assists with interviews, reference checks, and codes lists in ELMS;
• Receives and files Financial Services Examiner (FSE) candidate’s transcripts and resumes, updates and tracks FSE Excel spreadsheet, and gathers and inputs data from Civil Service exam website onto spreadsheet;
• Electronically logs Actuary exams, generates score letters/disqualification letters, updates eligible lists, and makes copies and distributes appropriately;
• Assists with data entry and runs reports in LATS and HRIS;
• Assures HR information and forms on DFS Intranet are updated and accurate;
• Greets and assists visitors to the Human Resources Management office;
• Answers telephones, responds to standard inquiries concerning the Human Resource Management office and refers technical questions to appropriate staff;
• Establishes and maintains manual and electronic files, searches for and retrieves requested materials and periodically purges obsolete materials;
• Opens, sorts and distributes incoming mail to appropriate staff;
• Maintains and monitors various HR related mailboxes; and
• Performs various other duties in support of office operations.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Excel and Word
• Experience in LATS and HRIS
• Organized and detail oriented
• Strong written and verbal communication abilities
• Excellent customer service skills
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than November 22, 2018 to the email address listed below. Please include (Box OA2-HRM-06130) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza
Albany, NY 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job. If the accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency, the agency is not required to provide it.