Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
930 Willowbrook Road, Bldg 12G
Minimum Qualifications Permanent service as a Social Work Assistant 3 in a New York State agency eligible for transfer
At least one year of permanent service in a title eligible for 70.1 transfer pursuant to Civil Service Law
Reachable on the current New York State Civil service list for Social Work Assistant 3
FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT:
Must have a Master’s Degree in Social Work; or a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and one year of post-Bachelor’s experience in social work; or a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a human service area and two years of post-Bachelor’s experience in social worklist
* If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled civil service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained *
Duties Description Will be responsible for the first phase of Self-Direction, which includes but not limited to the following:
? Receiving Information/Call-in Sheets from Care Managers.
? Working closely with Care Managers to ensure all required documents are submitted and up-to-date. At the final
phase will ensure that the Care Managers reflect all services identified in the SD plan in the Life Plan.
• Qualifying Community Classes - Will work with vendors to ensure they meet the guidelines for community classes.
• Will be responsible for maintaining the names of the individuals on a Broker’s caseload.
• Will be responsible for entering all data on the appropriate spreadsheets.
• When needed will participate in launch meetings, information sessions and Broker trainings
Additional Comments • For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1150 Forest Hill Road, Bldg 46A, Human Resources