Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications This position is in the non-competitive jurisdiction and is designated as confidential. Candidates must have successfully completed one of the following:
1. Two years of satisfactory secretarial experience; OR
2. Satisfactory completion of a two-year course in secretarial science from a business school registered with the NYS Education Department of from a NYS Community College or technical institute recognized by the NYS Education Department as following acceptable educational practices; OR
3. A satisfactory combination of 1 and 2.
Duties Description This position will work under the direction of the Executive Deputy Commissioner/Chief Financial Officer. The incumbent will work closely with the Executive Deputy Commissioner and Administrative Specialist to provide confidential assistance in managing the high-volume administration and work flow of the Division. The position requires the ability to communicative effectively with Executive staff in an often fast-paced work environment. Proficiency in the use of the Enterprise System, Division of Budget Agency Spending System, processing of purchase orders and efficiency using Microsoft Office software packages such as Word, Excel and Visio is expected.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate confidential information flow by acting as liaison among key executives and Division staff, including the Commissioner’s Office and the Executive Deputy Commissioner, Chief Financial Officer, Policy and Planning Division Director and Office and Bureau Directors within the Division.
• Arrange travel for Executive Deputy Commissioner, including itinerary, hotel and airline reservations, and conference reservations.
• Provide support and assistance to the Office Directors in the Policy and Planning Division.
• Complete Attachment A, B, FIN 147/Pre-Travel Authorization (PTA) for travel request forms for Division Executives.
• Serve as the point of contact for all in-state and out-of-state travel requests for the Division and NYMTC.
• Manage and monitor calendar for Executive Deputy Commissioner.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings as needed.
• Track communications (COMs) within the Division, assist in tracking and finalizing draft responses, close out the record through the Enterprise System.
• Monitor and distribute mail.
• Provide assistance with copying, scanning and filing.
• Provide phone coverage, respond to inquiries, both internal and external.
• Enter visitors into Visitor Management System (VMS).
• Serve as Main Office Training Liaison (MOTL) for the Division.
• Approve Expense Anywhere transactions and TADS/LATS entries.
• Design, set-up and maintain office filing system.
• Resolve day-to-day operational issues.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wold Road, POD 6-4
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume no later than November 13, 2018, to:
New York State Department of Transportation
Policy and Planning Division
Attn: Dianna Nussbaum
50 Wolf Rd, POD 6-4
Albany, NY 12232
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.