Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as an Assistant Director, Information Technology Services 1 OR in a position at M-3 or higher deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than one M-grade.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Deputy Executive Director of Workforce, Public Service and Housing Portfolios - M5, this position serves as the IT Solutions Director for HCR.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Direct and manage technology solutions staff in support of critical projects including: Rent Regulation System Modernization (RRSM) Implementation, Weatherization System Modernization, Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher System Modernization and several HCR automation projects.
• Support current HCR systems.
• Work closely with HCR program area management, ITS management, Workforce, Public Service and Housing Portfolios Executive Director and Deputy Director, Project Management Office to manage application issues, system changes and projects. Develop and support HCR business cases.
• Provide appropriate updates and reports to critical stakeholders including agency executive staff, the Governor’s Office and ITS executive management.
• Work with the IT staff in systems analysis and design research and documentation.
• Provide direction and managerial support to ensure appropriate resources are allocated to projects and initiatives including appropriate management of vendors working on HCR initiatives. Manage the vendor statement of work to ensure successful delivery of contracted work.
• Take the technical lead position on projects and manage the resources and timelines for projects.
• Responsible for the complete development lifecycle of the agency software systems; including gathering requirements, development, testing, implementation, user follow up, support
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a resume and cover letter indicating that you are applying for Assistant Director, Information Technology Services 1, Ref. #17757. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security number will be required to confirm your eligibility.