Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications The selected candidate must be eligible for transfer or reachable on the appropriate exams for this title in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Law, Rules and Regulations.
Duties Description The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will be part of a team responsible for applying a wide range of specialized knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to define and develop requirements for new or existing systems and business processes. They will work closely with the business units within Tax and ITS staff. In addition, the BSA will also analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to existing business systems.
The incumbent will perform the following essential functions:
• Perform business systems analysis on various projects Department wide. This will include: facilitating communications with both internal and external customers; requirements gathering, planning, solution assessment and validation; and testing and implementation.
• Identify, evaluate and escalate issues and risks in a timely manner to management along with potential options for solution/resolution.
• Serve as a business unit liaison to provide information in support of the maintenance of the Department’s intranet
• Demonstrate strong, professional, respectful communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• May design and run queries using SQL based programs. Data will be queried from multiple data sources and platforms. Join and present data in the appropriate format for the intended audience.
• May participate with business and ITS staff in the analysis, development, integration, customization, testing and implementation of forms processing for outgoing Department of Taxation & Finance correspondence.
• May participate with business and ITS staff in the analysis, development, integration, customization, testing and implementation of agile business solutions, using SharePoint and other Microsoft Office products.
• May act as a liaison between business stakeholders and IT staff, document business rules and processes, assist with developing and completing test plans and maintaining project documentation and documenting to ensure all issues are resolved in the appropriate time frame.
• Adhere to the Department’s time and attendance rules and regulations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume including current title and how you qualify. Please reference the vacancy ID number and title. *Please include social security number to assess eligibility*