Minimum Qualifications Either 1) Reachable on the Civil Service eligible list; 2) Eligible for reassignment by virtue of having permanent competitive service as an Information Technology Specialist 4; OR 3) Eligible for transfer under the provisions of sections 52.6, 70.4 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law by virtue of having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title.
Duties Description Ideal candidate will possess:
• Excellent presentation skills
• Experience with graphic design
• Ability to work independently and provide timely communications
• Experience in web page design and editing, including responsive design
• Experience in producing accessible web content that is WCAG 2.0 compliant
• Expert in all Microsoft Office applications
• Experience leading in a team environment and the ability to promote collaboration
• Maintain, update & create NYS OAG Intra/Internet site, including internal and external facing web applications to reflect OAG’s branding while maintaining quality control
• Execute new web initiatives including but not limited to website updates, creation of new sites, section, pages and portals.
• Establish and maintain web policies, procedures and documentation for the web team
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
• Gather new and updated information for websites
• Design & Build web pages
• Test website
• Performance testing
• Accessibility testing and remediation
• Deploy website to production
• Supervise subordinate staff including contract employees.
• Proven experience in web programming
• Experience with forms and regular expression validation and submitting data
• Testing and Debugging skills
• Maintenance of production websites
• Familiarity with server administration including Red Hat, Ubuntu, Apache, NGINX, Docker, and Bash scripting
• Highly proficient in Git
• Possess the ability to create websites and apps that follow the WCAG 2.0
• Exceptional Communication Skills
• Supervisory experience including coaching and training subordinate staff to transfer knowledge and skills to all levels.
• Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
• A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
Additional Comments IN ACCORDANCE WITH STATE LAW, GOVERNOR'S EXECUTIVE ORDERS #6 AND 28.1, AND SECTION 504 OF THE FEDERAL REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973, AS AMENDED BY THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPreferred method of applying is via e-mail. Please include vacancy ID#61593 in the subject line. Please be sure to include a cover letter and resume, and how you meet the minimum qualifications.