Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description Under the provisions of the Paid Family Leave (PFL) program, the Department of Financial Services (DFS) has been charged with implementing a data warehouse that will not only be used by DFS, but also the Workers Compensation Board, the Department of Health and other agencies. DFS is seeking to fill the position of Data Warehouse Database Administrator (DBA) in our Information Technology Unit to be responsible for designing and implementing staging, operational data stores (ODS) and data warehouse environments using data from multiple sources through data normalization, de-normalization, flattening and enrichment for the development of the infrastructure of the new Paid Family Leave data warehouse. This includes playing an important and sensitive role in decision-making and policy-making activities.
Duties of this position will include, but not be limited to:
• Designs, develops and integrates highly complex Oracle database systems for internal and external users/clients;
• Installs, configures, patches and upgrades Oracle database management system (DBMS) and corresponding application tools;
• Monitors and enhances the capacity and performance of the database, and resolves Oracle database performance, capacity, replication, and other distributed data issues;
• Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of DFS's Oracle database;
• Implements both database and OS- level security policies for data protection by using Oracle security features such as Oracle Wallet and Transparent Data Encryption;
• Performs SQL tuning and SQL optimization by utilizing Oracle built in features, such as optimizer statistics, EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL Trace, hints, Oracle dynamic performance views, indexes, and partitions;
• Develops, manages, and tests database back-up and recovery plans, and ensures that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly;
• Works closely with IT project managers and programmers on database design and ongoing requests; and
• Implements change controls and insures that changes to the production database are properly coordinated.
• Experience in Oracle Enterprise version 11g and 12c, especially in Oracle RAC databases.
• Experience in Oracle Data Appliance.
• Experience in Oracle Enterprise Manager.
• Experience in Oracle database Advanced Security.
• Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Good communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
• Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
• Optional experience in MS-SQL server 2012 – 2016 is a plus.
Additional Comments Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill.
The position may be filled at either our Albany or New York City location.
Please note that positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than December 26, 2018, to the email address listed below. Please include (Box DW-DBA-00155) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
Please note that not all applicants may be scheduled for an interview.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.