Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
249 Glenwood Road
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be:
1. Permanent service as a Sr. Physical Therapist OR;
2. Eligible to 70.1 transfer to a Sr. Physical Therapist title, OR;
3. Reachable on the current Civil Service List for Sr. Physical Therapist, OR:
4. You must be licensed and currently registered to practice Physical Therapy in New York State AND have one year of post licensure physical therapy experience.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This Senior Physical Therapist plans, carries out, and supervises physical therapy as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team and as a clinical supervisor: participates in program planning; evaluates the physical and neurological status of Individuals and plans individual treatment programs; plans and supervises the instruction of staff; and reviews and inspects the work of subordinates; administers the more difficult and critical procedures; performs and interprets results of tests and measurements of the individuals condition for use in preparing the treatment plan, modifying treatment and evaluating results of treatment; performs special tests to determine existence of conditions; personally plans and administers physical therapy for individuals who have severe or acute physical disabilities, such as fractures, amputations, hemiplegia, peripheral nerve injuries, or other forms of paralysis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Functions in the role of a Senior Physical Therapist, and as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by December 16, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #181216A in all correspondence.