Office of Facilities and Business Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Maintenance Supervisor 3. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for Maintenance Supervisor 3, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in any of the following titles: Maintenance Supervisor 2, Plant Superintendent A, Plant Utilities Engineer 3, or Regional Park Maintenance Supervisor.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Facilities and Business Services is seeking candidates for a Maintenance Supervisor 3 position. Under the direction of the Director of Education Business Management Services, the incumbent of this position will direct the operation and maintenance of the Education Building and the Education Building Annex. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise and guide all trades employees to ensure all projects and work orders are completed in an efficient and timely manner;
• Establish schedules, with input from staff, for anticipated modifications to existing facilities;
• Work cooperatively and develop good relationships with members of all program areas to provide support for the Department’s mission;
• Conduct individual and group trainings in various technical aspects of running a large and complex facility;
• Ensure service maintenance agreements are procured per New York State financing laws and are in place to provide service of critical systems including the Fire Alarm System, the Sprinkler System, the HVAC System, the Turnstiles, and the Generator System;
• Provide initial review of contracts prior to bidding to ensure facility needs are addressed;
• Monitor and review construction and maintenance work for contract compliance;
• Develop annual budget items to be incorporated into the facility operations budget;
• Provide the Director of Education Business Management Services with an accurate listing of facility costs for contract items, costs for maintenance materials, and anticipated costs for scheduled and unscheduled overtime costs by maintenance staff; and
• Assist in the administration of building access programs and observe and enforce compliance with applicable codes, ordinances, and laws.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $75,785 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 12, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-350/01624) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 12, 2018 to email@example.com (Email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-350/01624) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.