Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
145 Old Orangeburg Road
Minimum Qualifications This is a non-competitive class position. Possession of a valid Class A Driver's License issued by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, possession of an Interstate Commerce Commission certificate for tractor trailer operation, and meet the requirements of the New York State Thruway Authority for tandem trailer operation with 5 years tandem experience. Appointees to these titles will also be required to obtain and maintain any driver's license endorsements required under the NYS DOT regulations for the transportation of specific types of products in the course of their normal duties (for example-hazardous material endorsement).
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill one permanent Tandem Tractor Trailer Operator, G-12, position at the Cook Chill Production Center (CCPC) located in Orangeburg, New York. CCPC produces wholesome food that meets the nutritional and budgetary needs of its customers, which include OMH facilities, other state and government facilities, and non-profit agencies. The incumbent will perform duties allocated between the warehouse and driving assigned tractor trailer to designated New York locations as needed.
The Tandem Tractor Trailer Operators drive tandem or straight body refrigerated trucks over the road. The incumbent will deliver food orders to receptor sites; assist in loading and unloading of goods from refrigerated or freezer work areas; check goods when loading or unloading against shipping documents; and monitor truck safety and maintenance guides. Specific duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Drive assigned tractor trailer to designated locations by designated routes to deliver and/or pick up shipments of a variety of goods.
• Maintain and check assigned vehicle and tandem trailers before and after run.
• May be required to operate refrigerated trailers to provide frozen and cooled temperatures to transport perishable goods.
• Maintain work, shipping, and expense records.
• Perform various manual tasks in and around warehouse area when not involved in delivery activities including lifting heavy food items, receiving inventory, rotating stock, pulling product from refrigerators and freezers, and loading refrigerated trailers.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #61719 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.