Office of Information Technology Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Specialist 3 (Programming).
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated SG-21 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 3 (Programming) Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for Information Technology Specialist 3 (Programming), you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Preference may be given to candidates who have:
• Experience in building out SharePoint/Power BI (Online) environments;
• Experience as a SharePoint Developer in using the MS toolbox (Object Model, Designer, Visio, InfoPath, Visual Studio);
• Knowledge of SharePoint lists, workflows, groups, permissions and security, reporting capabilities, custom web parts and web services.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Performance Improvement Management Services is seeking candidates for an Information Technology Specialist 3 (Programming) position in the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). The incumbent of this position will work as a member of the application development team, provide content and collaboration support for NYSED applications, and develop Information Technology (IT) solutions to support NYSED business needs. This position requires a willingness and aptitude to learn quickly. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Evaluate business processes and uncover areas for improvement and automation;
• Identify ways to use SharePoint Online (SPO) to meet business needs;
• Develop, implement and maintain SPO applications using standard SPO functionality including workflow applications, content management and process improvement;
• Gather requirements and, analyze SharePoint solution designs development, and delivery;
• Collaborate with the customer and other team members on technical approaches, ideas, and solutions;
• Implement best practices to set up and maintain data and access structure to use SPO as a scalable data and document repository and collaboration platform;
• Design, enhance, implement, and maintain SharePoint sites and applications to ensure access, reliability, availability, and usability to current and new users;
• Build custom applications when standard functionality is not sufficient;
• Generate reports and dashboards in SharePoint;
• Participate in development of SharePoint and content management standards, and governance processes;
• Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide systems support;
• Continue to develop skills, knowledge, and abilities to improve processes and procedures, and keep updated on trends and developments in the platform;
• Develop and maintain code following industry best practices and in accordance with project and/or customer standards, guidelines, and regulations;
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 12, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-339/51789) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 12, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-339/51789) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.