Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have permanent status as an Associate Health Care Fiscal Analyst, Grade 23 and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill an Associate Health Care Fiscal Analyst position in the Office of Financial Management, State Operations Finance Group, Bureau of Costing, Rate Setting, & Revenue Management. This positions is critical in maintaining the core functions needed to collect $1.2 billion annually for the Office of Mental Health.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collect, analyze, adjust, and organize data in order to prepare multiple Hospital Medicare cost reports on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) form 2552-10 that is filed with OMH’s Medicare intermediary, National Government Services (NGS). Additionally, Medicaid cost reports using the 2552-10 will be prepared to reflect costs for the purpose of rate setting, inpatient and outpatient upper payment limit calculations, and disproportionate share hospital annual audit.
• Oversee, maintain, monitor and ensure the integrity of the Bureau’s statistical collection system CRIPs. Coordinate actives between the Bureau and the technical consultants regarding system improvements, testing, and defect repairs.
• Annually calculate accruals for lag payroll, vacation, and workers compensation. Prepare work papers for Medicaid Days, Medicaid Visit, Physicians Extra service, Reasonable Compensation Equivalents (RCE), and Shared Staff.
• Train OMH staff located at the various facilities to use OMH’s various costing applications.
• Assist with the implementation of additional software applications deployment by providing interface requirements with existing application.
• Ensure compliance with standards. HIPAA Electronic Data Interchange, Privacy, and Security standards, the Affordable Care Act and program compliance standards for the Medicare and Medicaid programs must be understood and followed. Update policy manuals and prepare policy and procedure memos for dissemination among central office and field office personnel.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with business partner liaisons within OMH such as facility community service personnel, facility medical records staff, and Patient Resource Office staff as well as external business partners such as ITS billing system staff, Medicare and Medicaid intermediaries, Department of Health agency staff and Health Home organization staff.
• Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reports using data warehouse/Oracle database, ACCESS, EXCEL and other applications to prepare requests by Bureau management.
• Supervise subordinate staff by directing and assigning duties, providing support and guidance, and monitoring and evaluating employee performance to improve individual and group productivity.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #61752 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.