Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a DHSES Program Administrator 2 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 21 and above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to DHSES Program Administrator 1 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov
Employees reachable on the DHSES Program Administrator 2 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Minimum Qualifications Required for a 55 b/c Appointment:
Either 1. seven years of experience as listed below;*
Or 2. an associate degree and five years of experience as listed below;*
Or 3. a bachelor’s degree and three years of experience as listed below;*
Or 4. a bachelor’s and a master’s degree and two years of experience as listed below;*
Or 5. a bachelor’s degree and a juris doctorate and two years of experience as listed below.*
*Qualifying Experience in one or more of the following areas:
• administration of federal, state or locally funded grant programs;
• preparing and processing applications for disaster mitigation/recovery projects;
• processing requests for grant project payments and performing financial reviews required for final payment;
• damage assessment and identification of appropriate assistance funding programs;
• review of action plans or planning, organizing and coordinating disaster recovery programs involving local, state and federal agencies.
Duties Description • Overseas all daily activities of the assigned Recovery Finance unit. Organizes, sets priorities, and coordinates the preparation of section work plans identifying key deliverables, lead responsibility and critical dates;
• Identifies resources to address disaster related unmet needs, in close coordination and collaboration with the Recovery program leadership;
• Act as a lead for special projects and programmatic development and analysis;
• Knowledgeable in federal regulations, policy, and guidance related to the various disaster assistance programs to include the Robert G. Stafford Act, 44 code of Federal Regulation (CFR), FEMA policy and guidance, U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance programs, Office of General Services (OGS) policies, Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) policies, Division of Budget (DOB) policies, and related information as appropriate for the Recovery Unit;
• Provides subject matter expertise, interprets rules and regulations as required and shares knowledge with staff and other stakeholders;
• Monitors and tracks multiple grants, projects, financial information and reconciliations. Compiles financial information, prepares reports and analyzes expenditure data and payments of federal and state funds for use by Federal and State agencies for budgeting and audit purposes.
• Make recommendations to senior staff as necessary to develop new strategies and priorities to enhance program effectiveness;
• Prepares and delivers comprehensive written and verbal status reports, briefings, presentations, correspondence and related critical data as required;
• Supervision of permanent, temporary staff, and contractual staff performing all supervisor duties as required
Additional Comments NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.