Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Alfred E. Smith Building
Minimum Qualifications Permanent service in this title or one year of permanent competitive service in a title SG-11 or higher and otherwise eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law.
Duties Description This position is responsible for providing support for the Grants Unit staff in the oversight of the Victim Assistance Programs (VAPs). The duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform routine processing activities, such as checking forms for completeness and accuracy and logging receipt of documents;
• Prepare, process, review, and record numerical transactions and records;
• Assist in gathering data for reports, graphs, charts, tables, or other products and in the creation of graphs, charts or other visual aids to display data;
• Assist in the packaging and processing of contracts and amendments through the control agency approval process;
• Enter data, process transactions and retrieve information using computerized systems such as Statewide Financial System (SFS) and Grants Gateway;
• Perform various clerical tasks such as scanning documents and verifying accuracy of data from scanned documents;
• Schedule appointments and meetings using various office tools;
• Maintain, update, and correct records and files associated with all contracts and grants;
• Assist in the development and updating of contract materials, policies and procedures for use by grant-funded programs and/or vendors; and
• Respond, in various forms (oral and written) to questions from the general public or others concerning the operation of the unit or program area and/or to explain and interpret agency rules, regulations, policies or procedures.
Additional Comments REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The NYS Office of Victim Services provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Derick Eng, Director of Workforce Diversity and Equity Programs at (518) 485-7962. The Equal Employment Opportunity Utilization Report is also available for review by contacting Derick Eng.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Alfred E. Smith Building
Notes on ApplyingPlease send a cover letter and resume to the email/address above. Please reference posting #61806 on your cover letter.
DCJS was named to the Times Union’s list of 2017 and 2018 Top Workplaces as voted on by our employees, and received special recognition for fostering new ideas and communication.