Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
80 South Swan Street
Minimum Qualifications Permanent service in this title or one year of permanent competitive service in a title SG-9 or higher and otherwise eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law, or reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Duties Description This position is responsible for providing support for the Grants Unit staff in the oversight of the Victim Assistance Programs (VAPs). The duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Receiving and routing all incoming calls to the Grants Unit central number;
• Scheduling meetings and taking meeting notes, as requested;
• Preparing correspondence for the Contract Management Specialist 3, as needed;
• Maintaining and updating VAP contact information;
• Preparing and distributing Advisory Bulletins and Broadcast Emails;
• Distributing incoming mail, scanning, filing, or copying of all Grant related materials;
• Creating and maintaining Grants Unit contract files and logs;
• Tracking new contracts and renewals through the execution process; and
• Maintaining an inventory of office supplies and forms, and reordering as needed.
Additional Comments REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The NYS Office of Victim Services provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Derick Eng, Director of Workforce Diversity and Equity Programs at (518) 485-7962. The Equal Employment Opportunity Utilization Report is also available for review by contacting Derick Eng.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
80 South Swan St.
Notes on ApplyingPlease send a cover letter and resume to the email / address listed above. Please reference posting # 61812 in your email / cover letter.
DCJS was named to the Times Union’s list of 2017 and 2018 Top Workplaces as voted on by our employees, and received special recognition for fostering new ideas and communication.