Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Six or more years of experience in UNIX system administrations. At least five years of this experience must be in one or more of the following technologies:
• IBM AIX 6.1 & 7.1 Operating Systems with IBM 880, 880c, 780, 770 and other Power8 and Power7 hardware.
• IBM PowerVM and virtualization services such as Shared Ethernet Adapter (SEA), VLAN, VLAN tagging, IVE, NPIV, CPU pooling, Live Partition Mobility (LVM) and virtual SCSI services to multiple VIO client partitions.
• High-availability clusters configured in IBM PowerHA, Oracle RAC, GPFS2.
The following degrees may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and five years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and four years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of experience
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of experience
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional 2 years
• Possess expert understanding and have considerable experience with pSeries virtualization, PowerVM, and AIX system performance monitoring, security auditing, and troubleshooting.
• Experience with configuration and advanced troubleshooting techniques with SAN attached storage including both EMC and IBM subsystems.
• Experience supporting servers running CommVault backup software (i.e. installing agents, troubleshooting issues and performing restores).
• Expert understanding of networking technologies including DNS, subnetting, routing, vLan, etherchannel, firewalls and load balancing.
Duties Description The Project Coordinator will report to a Manager Information Technology Services 1 and will be responsible for the supervision, project management, and technical leadership of the complex technical activities to ensure the reliability, availability, performance and cost effectiveness of the Division's IBM pSeries. The incumbent will also respond to incidents and implement proactive measures to minimize service interruptions. Additionally, the incumbent will manage technical/system support activities and serve as technical specialist/liaison and team leader to ensure the progress, timeliness and quality of assignments. The position will also be responsible for project management, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), security compliance, patch management, data center consolidations/migrations, change management, and effective communication to help make informed decisions with the State Agencies and their customers best interests in mind.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lead the development and implementation of the NYS Office of ITS' IT plan in the AIX environment.
• Manage and supervise the work of the ITS AIX staff to implement IT projects across a consolidated environment.
• Assist in setting strategic IT priorities and coordinate activities within with AIX team in support of IT and data management.
• Support development and implementation of technology solutions to improve AIX server access, response, and stability.
• Assist in the development of policies that guide information management and security across multiple agencies.
• Represent the AIX team in discussions and planning regarding NYS OITS IT initiatives.
• Manage the AIX team's servers and management consoles.
• Work with ITS and external agency staff to support the appropriate deployment and operation of IT systems in the AIX environment.
• Serve as the point of contact for critical business systems such as database, applications, and security.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with NYS ITS staff, external agency staff, project managers, and executive level staff.
• Document systems and procedures appropriately, meet NYS OITS standards, and follow generally accepted IT practices.
• Teach, mentor and create procedures for the team to improve the group's problem-solving techniques.
• Serve as a key decision maker during critical situations, and play a role in analyzing the group's performance in those situations.
• Install, configure, and manage systems with IBM AIX v6.1, 7.1, 7.2, VIOS 2.2, and HMC v7/8.
• Support and manage high-availability systems configured in PowerHA, Oracle RAC, and/or GPFS clusters.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062