Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description Under the supervision of a Human Resources Specialist 2, the incumbent will provide personnel administration and management services, and perform the following essential functions:
• Advise program staff on classification matters; research and analyze requests for new positions, reclassifications, reallocations and related classification matters, and recommend appropriate action; prepare classification requests and supporting documentation.
• Advise program staff on matters relating to filling jobs, assigning staff, employee status, probation, reduction-in-force, and related staffing areas as necessary, obtaining policy and legal interpretation and/or approval of desired approach from supervisory or Civil Service staff.
• Develop and administer decentralized examinations and coordinate Department participation in specific centralized exams; obtain Civil Service approval of job analyses, exam scopes, announcements, questions, and examiners.
• Research and prepare correspondence in response to inquiries from employees and the public.
• Handle special assignments such as developing and/or administering new programs, conducting recruitment drives, conducting special studies, participate on task forces, present personnel training courses, etc.
• Adhere to the time and attendance rules of the department.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Building 9, Room 256