Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications The ideal candidate will be a well-organized, mission-focused leader who exhibits in their body of work a commitment to integrity and results-based performance. Candidates must
have a Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of ten (10) years of significant administrative and executive leadership experience, with a minimum of five (5) years of policy analysis experience. A Master’s degree in a related field is desired.
In addition, the candidate should demonstrate strong skill sets in the following areas: performance management analytics, leadership, customer/tenant relations, project management, negotiation, critical thinking, and crisp verbal and written communication skills. In addition, the candidate should be comfortable working in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment, and leading and proactively managing work streams. They will have demonstrated success in the transformational management of a large, diverse organization comprised of a wide range of staff competency from entry-level to licensed professionals.
Duties Description • Assist the RES leadership in all aspects of the coordination, operations, and management of RES.
• Direct and manage various RES programs including:
o Commercial Lease Management, which is responsible for the procurement and management of all revenue generating occupying agreements in OGS-owned buildings.
o Leasing Services, which negotiates, procures, and provides administrative support for over 500 leases for customer agencies throughout the State.
o Land Management, which provides acquisition and disposition services for State agencies as well as issues easements and grants licenses and permits for the public or private use of uplands and lands under water.
o Construction/Design Management & Tenant Services, which provides comprehensive project oversight, design and construction services for all facility upgrades, modifications and alterations in OGS-owned and leased buildings.
• Represent OGS in the RES’s relationship with stakeholders.
• Enforce rules and regulations, formulate policy and procedures necessary to effectively manage RES operations.
• Represent the RES and advocate for its interests at meetings and conferences.
• Develop programmatic recommendations for Executive consideration.
• Develop clear and concise standards of performance as well as methods to analyze operations and performance.
• Develop and implement organizational changes to improve the efficiency of program operations and drive continuous process improvement.
• Make accurate assessments regarding the strengths and deficiencies of the workforce and make appropriate adjustments/recommendations accordingly.
• Perform analysis of program operations and measure against similar large operations. Prepare reports and charts for executive review.
Additional Comments Salary will be commensurate with experience.
What we offer:
• Opportunity to join an inspired, high-energy leadership team and guide operational transformation.
• Participation in a team-centric approach to leadership with the ability to learn and grow within an exciting organization.
• Extensive benefits package including paid leave, excellent health, dental, vision and retirement benefits.
About the Office of General Services:
The New York State Office of General Services (OGS) provides essential services to our state and local partners, as well as the general public. From operating buildings, to construction management, establishing procurement contracts, and conducting tours of the Capitol, OGS is truly a diverse organization.
While our services may be “general,” many state agencies depend on OGS to fulfill their own mission and goals. As such, OGS must always seek to innovate and streamline its business processes, find new ways to serve our customers, and build public trust. In response to Governor Cuomo’s mandate to achieve savings for the state while improving organizational efficiency, OGS is poised to take on the challenge of creating a modernized government that does more with less. OGS will accomplish this by retooling our focus on critical programs and services; redesigning the way we do business; and retraining our workforce to support a realigned agency.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Nelson A. Rockefeller Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter with the subject line "Deputy Director, Real Estate Services," along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics.