Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Empire State Plaza
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Two years of satisfactory secretarial experience OR satisfactory completion of a two-year course in secretarial science from a business school registered with NYS education Department, a NYS community college, OR a technical institute recognized by the NYS Education Department as following acceptable practices; OR a satisfactory combination of the above.
Prior experience working as a Secretary of a Director or Executive Office.
Duties Description Reporting to the Director of Diversity & Inclusion Management, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for administrative support activities for the Office of Diversity Management, including:
• Answering telephones, including responding to questions concerning non-technical issues, or referring calls to appropriate staff member or program area where intricate answers are required.
• Maintaining Director’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences and travel; and preparing background materials, handouts and instructions as may be necessary for attendees.
• Drafting confidential spreadsheets and reports as needed to facilitate diversity and inclusion activities and work being conducted between Civil Service and affected State agencies.
• Developing office procedures for document management and exercising internal controls to safeguard confidential documents and processes.
• Assist unit with assigned projects to meet deadlines as needed.
• Opening and distributing incoming correspondence, including making a determination on whether deadlines for response need to be established or if referral to another Division is required.
• Preparing letters, memoranda, transmittals, reports and other necessary information using the applicable office equipment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Agency Building 1, Room 911