Office of Financial Administration
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Finance Specialist 2.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Education Finance Specialist 2 Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Accountant, Associate Accountant (State Accounts and Systems), Associate Auditor, Associate Internal Auditor, Contract Management Specialist 2, Management Specialist 2, or Program Research Specialist 3 (Economics Finance).
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a non-permanent provisional appointment may be considered. For non-permanent, provisional appointments, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Education Finance Specialist 1, Senior Accountant or Senior Budgeting Analyst. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Education Finance Specialist 2 when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Financial Administration is seeking candidates for an Education Finance Specialist 2 position. Duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise and act in an advisory capacity to coordinate assignments and resolve problems;
• Prepare budget estimates and program justifications;
• Prepare expenditure, revenue and disbursement projections;
• Maintain accurate fiscal records;
• Monitor actual revenue and disbursements against State budget plans;
• Prepare various reports using the Statewide Financial System (SFS) and other internal fiscal systems;
• Serve as the department’s liaison to the Division of Budget for assigned program areas;
• Assist in the preparation of the department’s annual budget request; and
• Coordinate the movement of information requests between program areas, the Division of Budget, the Office of the State Comptroller, and the Legislature.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent or non-permanent provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
Application: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 19, 2018 to email@example.com. (Email submissions preferred.) You must include the Box number (CFO-393/66203) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingApplication: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by December 19, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Email submissions preferred.) You must include the Box number (CFO-393/66203) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.