Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Program Aide eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer to a Program Aide, SG-13, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a salary grade 11 or higher.
To determine if your title is eligible for transfer, please go to the GOT-IT website:
Duties Description Paraprofessional Support and General Operations
* Provide support and assistance to the Bureau Directorate in the administration of the Bureau.
* Participate in the compilation and review of reports and presentations issued by the Bureau and Division.
* Coordinate requests for information to ensure accurate and timely responses.
* Collection and analysis of Information (including AFRP, etc.) provided by outside entities (State agencies, public authorities, etc):
o Assists in preparation, distribution, and collection of information requests to State agencies and component units necessary for the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and Annual Cash Report.
o Maintains response and follow-up tracking logs and compiles information request responses from the Annual Financial Reporting Package (AFRP).
o Develops and maintains Bureau contact information for various distribution and contact lists.
* Assist in report distribution and perform follow-up work as instructed.
* Provide paraprofessional support including collecting and analyzing data for review which may include performing basic task and queries in SFS.
Assist in technical areas requiring compliance with OSC policies and procedures and financial reporting standards
* Assist in maintaining and keeping current the procedures, policies, publications and other data posted on the Intranet/Internet for the Bureau.
* Assist in maintaining various staff maintained logs, indexes, location sheets, and project tracking systems.
* Coordinate timely submission of forms and records required by OSC.
* Assist with analysis and preparation of various reports and related workpapers and other supporting documentation for the monthly, quarterly and annual Cash, GAAP and Oil Spill financial statements, as assigned.
* Perform various reconciliations for the Oil Spill Fund, Payroll and/or the Statewide Financial System (SFS).
* May assist in Oil Spill Fund projects/operations as directed.
Bureau Administrative Support
* Provide general adminstrative support to the Bureau. Tasks may include:
* processing incoming mail;
* scanning and document assembly;
* Coordinating, arranging and scheduling meetings and greeting visitors;
* Monitoring budgets, purchasing necessary work items such as supplies and reference material;
* Ensuring the prompt reconciliation of procurement card purchases and handling purchase order requests with the Finance office.
* May assist in monitoring of OSF mailbox and respond to routine questions or direct queries to OSF staff.
* Associates Degree or higher.
* Experience or coursework in accounting, environmental studies, or paralegal studies.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word or similar applications.
* Experience dealing with the public in any field.
* Ability to meet deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and on teams.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, and organizational skills.
* Self-motivated and willing to take on special assignments.
* Able to handle multiple priorities.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than December 8, 2018.
Please reference Item #06707- GOER –JDC when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER VACANCY # should not be included.